Courgette Noodles with Avocado Sauce
This is an absolutely lovely recipe from Ella Woodward of DeliciouslyElla that will leave you feeling both satisfied and very virtuous. The Courgette Noodles with Avocado Sauce Recipe is not, however, one of my family recipes, this is more for husband and me. My fairly adventurous 5 year old did try this, but it wasn’t really a winner with them. Having said that, I should probably persevere and try again another time – I’ve only offered it to them once. On the other hand, it’s nice to keep this as a special treat for us adults. Don’t be put off with the mostly raw and completely vegan ingredients of the dish, it has a lovely rich taste and will satisfy even a bigger hunger. On the health front, you will get loads of B vitamins from the avocado, important for energy production, plus a good dose of selenium from the brazil nuts. Selenium is a key mineral for a healthy immune system and thyroid function, and generally found only in low levels in the modern diet.
So here it is, Courgette Noodles with Avocado Sauce Recipe - For 2
For the pasta
- 2 courgettes
- punnet of chestnut mushrooms
For the sauce
- 2 avocados
- ½ cup of brazil nuts
- handful of fresh mint
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- Half a pomegranate (seeds)
- Make the courgette noodles first. You will need a cool little kitchen gadget called spiraliser. I bought mine from Amazon.co.uk. Place the spaghetti into a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices, drizzle with olive oil and gently heat in a large frying pan for about 5 minutes. Grind a generous amount of black pepper and mix in for a meatier taste.
- Place the brazil nuts in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the avocado, olive oil, mint leaves, juice of the lime and a sprinkling of salt. Blend again until smooth.
- Mix the sauce and spaghetti, add the warm mushrooms on top and decorate with the pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!